Monday, August 07, 2006

Hiatus Talk

Bonjour! I hope everyone's doing well. Not too much exciting news from the last couple days. I went hiking yesterday and saw about a gazillion frogs. Seriously, they were everywhere. There were just a lot of bugs in general, too. But that's not exciting. I had my final chiropracter visit today... I'm going to miss getting cracked, but that's ok. Doctors are too expensive.

So anyways, maybe you remember my mention of doing a technology hiatus a couple posts back. Well, it starts at midnight tonight and runs until 12 AM on Wednesday, 08/23. Here's what my hiatus entails: no computer, no TV, and no iPod. For those of you who don't spend much time around me, you may not know that I am pretty much constantly connected to one of these three things. It's a sick addiction. I've outlined 5 goals that I have for this time off. Here they are:
  1. To break my addiction to these things.
  2. To give my brain a rest from constant stimulation.
  3. To have a time to just read and do others things that actually nourish my mind.
  4. To cut out (at least some) distraction so I can listen to/talk to God.
  5. To have time to do things that actually matter!

So there you have it. I obviously won't be blogging for the next two weeks, but since I am still allowed to use the phone (one thing I'm not addicted to... maybe because my sister's the only person who ever calls me), I will be calling in an audio post for the words of the week on Sundays. But that's all you'll be hearing for the next two weeks. I know, that's no great tragedy for you, but I'm really going to have a tough time without these things. I can feel the withdrawal shakes starting already. :) Alrighty, folks, I don't really have a whole lot else to say. I guess this is the end. I'll be back in a couple weeks with a nice, long, reflective post about hiatusville. Au revoir, mes petits chemins.

Dr. J

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the audio post is going to come out weird, like not hear the words correctly and write something else and Jill won't know that her post is wrong because she can't log on and read it.

5:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jill!! I love your blog. I miss your randomness. I guess you won't read this comment for a while, but I just wanted to say hi. I'd call, but I'm in England. I'm coming home soon though. I lived here for a whole year with AIM--greatness. Now I'll be living in GA and working at our headquarters. When I have an American cell phone again, I'll give you a call sometime....
Have a great hiatus!!

1:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It has been a whole week and you have not writen anything. What is wrong with you.

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home