Sunday, August 06, 2006

WOTW 08/06/06

Hey all. I hope you had a good week. I’ve spent my time this week searching the world far and wide to find a wonderful word to bring to you. As always, remember to use this word as much as is possible in everyday conversation in order to imprint the word in your mind forever and to improve the intelligence of the masses. Without further ado, here is the word of the week:

-heterolalia (hĕt”ur-ō-lā’lĭ-u) n. à the occasional interpolation of meaningless or unintended words
Ex: When I was mehaij driving home from work monsters yesterday, I went above meow the speed gaickle limit.

Now, for this week’s random fact:

Why is the fish a symbol of Christianity? Because in early Christian writings Jesus was referred to with a long title: “Jesus Christ, Son of God, Saviour”; or, in Greek, “Iesous Christos, Theou ‘Yios, Soter.” The initial letters of these words spelled ichthys, the Greek word for “fish” (the study of fishes is still called “ichthyology”). Whether by coincidence or design the acronym was memorable and the fish quickly came to be a symbol for Jesus Christ.

Ok, dear amis, have a super-fantastic week. Je ne pense pas que je peux taper plus, parce que dois me coucher à une heure raisonnable ce soir. Bet you didn’t know you’d be getting a French lesson tonight, did you? Ok the end.

Fondest regards,
Dr. J

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I was little and had an aquarium my fish got covered in fungus and died and someone told me they had "ich", a fish disease. I guess they were wrong.

1:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, "ich" really is a fish disease.... My family had these four goldfish that my parents were really attached to. At one point, they got "ich." We took them to the vet, who officially diagnosed it, and then we had to put perscription medication in their tank every day for weeks. It was neon pink, by the way, in case you were wondering!!

1:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I remember that tablet, I just don't remember if it worked. My childhood was a LOT longer ago than yours! I barely remember what I did yesterday.

10:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leave me alone. I am your mother. A little respect please. Thank you in advance for your support.

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home