Wednesday, July 26, 2006

La Musique


Howdy, folks. I figured since I listen to music for a good portion of my day, I thought I would share with you my favorite musicians of the moment. So who are the artists that are getting the most playtime in my iPod lately?

Jars of Clay is and will probably always be my favorite band... my favorite albums are "Who We Are Instead" and "Furthermore: From the Stage". Each of their albums has such a unique sound from the others, but you can always count on their lyrics to be insightful and relevant.

Lately I've been giving Relient K a lot of play time, especially with their newest albums "Mmhmm" and "Apathetic EP". Their music is very energetic and fun to listen to, and their lyrics are occasionally very intense, often funny, and always pushing listeners to move in the right direction. You can listen to a few of their songs on their purevolume page

I've also been enjoying Damien Rice's album "O", with its more mellow, acoustic sound. His music manages to be tranquil without being boring and passionate without being overwhelming... it's a really nice combination of these great qualities. The album has some bizarre points in my opinion, but overall I really enjoy it.

I've also really gotten to like Switchfoot lately by listening to their album "The Beautiful Letdown". This album holds everything from rock to soaring ballads to upbeat pop-like songs, and their lyrics are also stellar. Switchfoot also has absolutely the funniest video podcast I have ever seen... you should definitely check it out if you're into Switchfoot, podcasts, or laughing.

Alright, before I end this thing, I just need to say that if you don't have iTunes, you should download it. It is so user-friendly, you can manage all your music in one place, you can download songs for $.99 and most albums for $10 or less, you can get podcasts for free, and iTunes is absolutely free to download! I can't even remember how I managed to listen to music before I got iTunes and my iPod... alright, maybe I'm being dramatic, but tonight I really feel like being an unpaid advertiser for Apple, so there you go. Go get yourself some iTunes and become addicted to your computer like me! :) Ok, folks, I have rambled long enough. Please leave me some comments and let me know what your favorite music is, as I'm always looking for good music to blow money on. I have the day off tomorrow, so tune in tomorrow for an exciting post about my adventurous day! A demain!

Jill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home