Saturday, August 05, 2006

Podcasting Palaver

Bonjour, mes amis! Today was a good day... I got to sleep late, see my nephews a lot, and my madre and I went blueberry picking. There's nothing better than having 9 pounds of fresh blueberries that are just begging to get eaten. Alright, enough digressing. I'm sure you are all eager to get into podcasting news. In case you are still living in the stone age, a podcast is very much like a radio show, but you download it online and you can listen to it absolutely any time you want to. There are podcasts about every subject that you can think of. Oh, and did I mention that podcasts are absolutely free to download? You can search for podcasts on my personal favorite, iTunes, or you can go to a web-based site like Podcast Alley. I started listening to podcasts before I got an iPod, but if you do that, it means you need to spend a lot of time in front of your computer (I used to listen while I was eating), or burn the podcasts to CDs and listen wherever you have a CD player. But really, you should just spend the $300 and get an iPod. It's so worth it. Ok, but the point of this post is really to share some of my absolute favorite podcasts with you. So here we go...


My favorite podcast of all time is without a doubt The Lost Podcast with Jay and Jack. Yes, it is a podcast about Lost, so if you don't watch Lost, you won't care. But, during the summer they also put out a "Ramblecast", which you will enjoy whether you like Lost or not. I'm not going to say a whole lot about the show, because you should just go listen to it yourself, but basically they do Lost recaps, talk about Lost theories, and really incorporate a lot of listener feedback. And they're very funny. And they put out two shows a week. So go listen to Jay and Jack.


Next up is a podcast called HawaiiUp with Ryan Ozawa. I first found Ryan's podcast through another Lost podcast that Ryan and his wife Jen did for awhile. Why do I listen to a podcast about Hawaii? Well, I started when I started considering going to the University of Hawaii, and I found that it's just an all-around good show, whether you've been to Hawaii or care about Hawaii or not. He does put in some Hawaii news, but he also talks about his family, he and his wife do entertainment reviews, he does food reviews, and he plays some music (some great, some not so much). It's fun... some podcasts get boring after listening to them a lot, but HawaiiUp is always varied and interesting.


The last in my top three podcasts is a show called The Bored-Again Christian. This is the only all-music podcast that I listen to, because it's the only really interesting one that I've found. The show's host, Just Pete, is a guy who decided that he was bored with the same old Christian worship music, so he finds really good music from Christian artists who you won't find on the beaten path. Some of the music is overtly Christian, some is more subtle; I fall in love with some songs right away, others are just not my thing. All in all, though, this is a great podcast if you love music, even if you are not a "Christian music" fan.

Ok, so those are my three favorites. Here are some other notables: The Switchfoot Video Podcast, which is kind of random but really funny and The Official Lost Podcast, which is another only for Lost fans. I listen to a few others, but I don't really think they're great enough to recommend to you. So there you go. I've only been listening to podcasts for about five months, so I'll keep you updated as I find new ones that I enjoy. Let me know if there's a podcast you love that I didn't mention. Ok, I'll cut this off now. Go check out some of my favorite podcasts or find some of your own! I promise that there's at least a few things out there that you will enjoy. So start enjoying! Bye.

-Jill

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jill, you are always a wealth of interesting information. I like your mind. You have always been a deep thinker.

6:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

did you let that adorable keith eat any blueberrys?? well if you did you would see some interesting colored poop.

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home