Thursday, July 27, 2006

Hiking, Applebee's, and The Devil

Hey everyone! So today was my day off, and it was a great day... I started my day bright and early so I could get in a nice hike in at a state park near us. It was a great hike, although not quite as long as I would have liked. But I guess the important thing is that I got a good heartrate going and I enjoyed the view from the very scenic "scenic overlook". After my picturesque, though humid hike, I headed out to lunch and a movie with my mother, sister, and stepsisters. We enjoyed each other's company at Applebee's, where I loved my chicken fingers and fries (very sophisticated, I know... I think I'm catching my work kids' affinity for chicken nuggets). It was a good meal in spite of the man in the next booth who answered his cell phone at least 10 times... Then we took an exruciatingly long walk in the sweltering heat (ok, it was really only like 5 minutes) to Loews Movie Theater, where we sat quietly through The Devil Wears Prada. I want to thank my movie-going companions for their lack of conversation during the movie... chatty theater-goers are one of my least favorite things, so I enjoyed the considerate silence of my companions today. It was a pretty good movie... it was fairly mindless entertainment, but it was entertainment nonetheless. I'll be signing up for Netflix as soon as I finish rewatching Season 1 of Lost on DVD, so let me know what your favorite movies are, so I can add them to my "queue". Anyways, I enjoyed the movie and then enjoyed some cholesterol-rich cheese pizza for dinner. Yum. Alrighty, it's getting late, and I need to go watch some Lost, so have a great night! Tune in next time as I discuss killer jellyfish and rabid kitties in my all-animal post. Aloha...

Dr. J

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Fun day Jill1

6:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jill, I am going to the beach today. I am sure I will see jellyfish, although certainly not the killer ones. I will tell you about them though.

7:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home