Sunday, August 27, 2006

WOTW 08/27/06

Greetings, everyone! I must interrupt this rainy Sunday afternoon to bring you the WOTW. Be careful with the pronunciation of the word this week, as it is trickier than it appears. Don't forget to use this word as much as you possibly can in your everyday conversations, in order to cement it in your memory and to spread your knowledge to the world. Alrighty, here it is:

-cerebropathy (sĕr”u-brŏp’u-thē) noun --> hypochondria resulting from too much thinking
Ex: The healthy man thought about his hypercenesthesia so much that he developed a severe case of cerebropathy, which caused his whole body to ache.

This week we have a very practical random fact for all the ice enthusiasts out there:

Ice cubes will be clearer if you fill the tray with warm, rather than cold, water. Warm water prevents the formation and entrapment of tiny air bubbles during freezing which, aside from mineral impurities, is the usual cause of cloudy cubes.

Ok, my dear amis, I hope you have a wonderful week. I was just pondering it, and I realized that the word of the week has been in existence for almost three years now. The quality and humor of the words has been steadily declining for the past year or so. Maybe we can plan some kind of three-year celebration and return to the wonderfulness that the WOTW used to be. Let me know if you have any ideas to achieve this goal. Unfortunately, it's time to cut short the rambling. Au revoir, mes petites aubergines.

Fondest regards,
Dr. J

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I kind of knew it was better to use warm water but I didn't know why, now I know! Yay! I don't do it but maybe I will now. How much do you care about clear ice?

3:27 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

I don't use ice. My water's already cold because it's Brita!

3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home