Thursday, October 26, 2006

Would you like some cream cheese with that mold?

Note: This post contains graphic depictions of sporaceous fungi. Please use discretion; you may not want to read this while eating if you are of the squeamish type.

Alright, so the other day I was looking in the cabinets for a little evening snack. I found some chips and salsa and thought that sounded good, so I looked for some cream cheese to go with my salsa. I was very excited to find a big container of luscious Philadelphia cream cheese in the fridge. But when I opened it, do you think I found this...?

Oh no. No creamy delicious cream cheese for me. Instead, I found this...



Anyone up for some mold?

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks super tastey!!! It would probably go with the loaf of bread that fell behind my cabinet about 6 months ago and the milk that has been in the back of my fridge since August. Lots of delicious greens.

2:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow. for some reason i am not surprise.

9:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why not, anonymous?

9:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jill, could you have taken more pictures of the mold? I don't think you put enough out there.

11:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

because i have seen the scary things that grow in the depths of that refrigerator.
Jill- how do you know that the fungi is sporaceous?

10:04 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

How do you know that it's not sporaceous?

10:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aren't all molds sporaceous??

8:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are sporaceous, and that looks like the most sporaceous mold I've every seen!! Yikes!

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home