Sunday, October 22, 2006

WOTW 10/22/06

Hey everyone! Welcome to the word of the week. I hope you enjoy using this word in your everyday conversations. Remember that this will help you to cement the word in your memory, and it will share this wonderful knowledge with the rest of the world! Here it is, folks, our newest WOTW:

-hypobulia (hī-pō-bū'lĭ-u) noun --> difficulty in making decisions
Ex: I experience hypobulia when choosing beverages. Coke? Diet coke? Coke with cherry? Caffeine-free diet coke? Coke zero? Coke with lemon? Diet coke with lime? Ahh! This is why I drink water.

And now for this week's random fact (it's kind of a story, actually, but oh well...):

During Prohibition, a popular (and legal) consumer item was the "wine brick" - compressed grape concentrate sold in a dozen varieties such as Bordeaux, Riesling, and even Champagne. The sly "warning" on the package made everything clear: "Do not dissolve this in a gallon of water and let sit for 21 days. If you do, it will ferment and turn into wine. That would be illegal."

Alrighty, folks, have a great week. Bye bye bye.

Dr. J

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I would never get it. I am such a rule follower, I would heed the warning.

6:31 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

I think you like wine more than you like rules.

6:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Popcorn and wine, my big extravagences in life! I would choose popcorn, though. Yes, I would break the rules to buy popcorn. I bet I could find a dealer who wasn't creepy, you know, a fellow popcorn enthusiast.We would probably meet at the bookstore or at work. I would probably have to buy it in bulk, instead of those handy little microwave packets. Hmm, I think I'll go make some. Yum!

7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home