Sunday, September 10, 2006

WOTW 09/10/06


Hey guys. Sorry this is so late tonight. We lost power for a couple hours tonight and I got all thrown off. And I drank soda tonight and so I'm all loopy and wired on caffeine. Wow, it's been a really long time since I drank anything besides water. Alrighty, well, I suppose what you all came for was the superbly magnificent word this week. Here it is:

-aeolistic (ē-u-lĭs'tĭk) adj. --> long-winded
Ex: Since she had no friends, the girl was aeolistic when speaking with her cat.

And now for this week's random fact:

Bananas are picked while still green, not to preserve them during shipment and storage as most believe, but because they become unfit to eat if allowed to ripen on the tree. If they grow to yellowness unplucked, the starch will not turn to sugar and the banana will lack taste, its skin will break open, bacteria will enter and the fruit will rot.

And now for some exciting news: Apparently only 3 people have seen my new poll space (on the right side of this page), but maybe this will be some incentive for you to check it out. Right after I publish this post, I am going to create a new poll with a choice of 3 or 4 potential words of the week. In honor of the WOTW's 3rd anniversary, you all get to pick the word for 09/27/06! And here's the best part... if you either email me or leave a comment with the definition of the word you vote for, you will receive a credit for 1 song download (on iTunes or whatever service you use)... or I can just give you the $.99 if you prefer. And maybe I'll even feature your name in the anniversary edition WOTW! So go vote and start searching for those definitions! Remember, you have 2 weeks, until 11:59 PM on Saturday the 23rd to vote! Bonne chance!

Fondly,
Dr. J

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keith is a redhead in that picture. Now there are two little red headed boys!

Jill, you weren't loopy from the caffeine, remember you used to always be like that. I think you are returning to childhood. Or junior high hood.

6:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:59 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

Hey all... it just occured to me that if you leave the definition in the comments then everyone else will be able to see it and cheat from you. I want everyone to have a chance to play, so email me your definitions at jilllawton@sbcglobal.net! But still leave a comment about something. Sorry Mindy, I had to delete your comment, but I still have it down that you were the first voter! I apologize for my bad planning.

7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home