Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Good Monsters

That's right, Jars of Clay's new album has been released for your listening pleasure! It came out at midnight last night, and I'm one of those people who started downloading it at 12:01. I have been eagerly awaiting this album, and it is not a disappointment. I've only had a chance to listen to the whole album a couple times, but here are my first impressions: one of the things I love about Jars of Clay is that none of their albums sounds like any of the others, and Good Monsters is no exception. It's so difficult to put this album into any concrete music category... if ever an album had a truly unique sound, this would be it. As always, their lyrics are absolutely stellar... introspective, honest, hopeful, poetic, just beautiful. Even in all of its simplicity, this album sounds like a majestic epic. Trust me, I listen to a lot of music, and I like a lot of music, but there is absolutely nothing that I like more than Jars of Clay, and Good Monsters ranks up there as one of the best Jars albums there is. Highlight tracks are "Work", "Dead Man (Carry Me)", "Oh My God", and "Surprise" (oh yeah, and all the rest of them). So do yourself a favor and go download it on iTunes or buy the CD on CBD. It's good stuff. Alrighty, have a great day!

Jill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home