Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Music Contest (aka You Can Win Stuff If You Read This Post!)

Hello everyone! Here's the deal: I review a lot of music on my blog, and I am passionate about this music. I want you all to listen to it, so I have devised this music contest as a ploy to get you to do just that.

Here's how it works: I am posting a couple lines of lyrics below from 6 different songs by 6 different artists. All you need to do is tell me the name of the song and the artist that these lyrics come from. All the songs are available to listen to (full-length) for free on websites that I have linked to on my blog. The posts with these links are available here, here, here, here, here, or here (these posts can all be found in the "music reviews" category of my blog). So this is really easy. You don't have to do any searching for music or anything. The only thing that will take a little time is that you'll have to listen to quite a few songs to find the right ones. If you don't want to or don't have time to find all 6, feel free to only do a couple. If nobody gets all 6 by Christmas, the person with the most right will win the prize!

Here's what you can win: So I'm sure you're thinking, "Why on earth would I do this?" Well, if you are the first person to send me the names and artists of all six songs, you will win either a $10 gift certificate to the online retailer of your choice (eg. Amazon.com, iTunes, Barnes and Noble) or one of the CDs that the songs in the contest come from. I'll even throw in a little bonus: if you win, you can do a post on my blog on whatever topic you want (text, audio, video... anything!) Super-exciting, I know. Alright, here are the lyrics:


  1. I don't need to know right now;
    All I know is I believe
    In the very thing that got us here
    And now I can't leave.


  2. Come on, can I dream for one day?
    There's nothing that can't be done.
    But how long should it take somebody
    Before they can be someone?


  3. If good won't show its ugly face
    Evil, won't you take your place?
    Nothing ever changes, nothing ever changes
    By itself.


  4. All the glory when he took our place,
    But he took my shoulders and he shook my face,
    And he takes and he takes and he takes.


  5. August evenings bring solemn warnings
    To remember to kiss the ones you love goodnight.
    You never know what temporal days may bring;
    Laugh, love, live free and sing.
    When life is in discord,
    Praise ye the Lord.


  6. I've been thinking 'bout the meaning of resistance,
    Of a hope beyond my own,
    And suddenly the infinite and penitent
    Begin to look like home.


You may not like every single song that you listen to, but there's a good chance that you'll find something you like if you listen to all the music. When you get your answers, whether it's all 6 or just 2 or 3, email them to me at jillmdblog@gmail.com. And tell anyone who might be interested about the contest... this could be fun! Feel free to post a comment or email me if you have any questions. If you get really stuck on some song, let me know, and maybe I'll give you a hint. Alright, go to it and have fun!

Your prize-giving, blogging friend,
Jill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home