Monday, September 25, 2006

TV TV TV

Disclaimer: This post in no way advocates the evil practice of watching TV. Ok, maybe it does, but in a perfect world there would be no televisions.

Now that the new television season is upon us, I thought I would tell you about a couple of my favorite shows.

My favorite TV show of all time is Lost... this is a show that manages to be intelligent, intriguing, and entertaining all at the same time. If you don't know the premise, it's basically that a plane crashed on this remote island, and the story is about the 48 survivors. But there turns out to be a lot more to the island that they think originally. The show contains a very large cast of main characters, and most shows pick one character and show his or her flashbacks from life before the island. This is the kind of show that you really need to watch from the beginning, because it's a very linear story line. But trust me, watch one or two episodes, and you will be hooked! It's very easy to get hold of past episodes. If you have Netflix, you can rent the first 2 seasons that way, or if I know you, you can just come to my house and watch my DVDs. Or you can buy the shows on iTunes. Or I guess you can rent them at an actual movie store, but really, who does that anymore? The 3rd season of Lost premieres on October 4 at 9 PM on ABC. Go check it out!

The other show that I will be watching this season is Medium; this is a show that is based on a completely unrealistic premise (because, let's be honest, you can't communicate with dead people), but it is about this woman, Allison, who is a psychic. The show is both linear and episodic at the same time. Each episode focuses on one "case" that Allison is working with (she works with the DA - also unrealistic, I know), and it usually wraps that up nicely by the end of the hour. The linear part is the ongoing relationships between Allison, her family, and her coworkers. The show is based on a true story (although who knows how true the story is or how based on it the show is). It's entertaining, sometimes it's kind of creepy... you know, the kind of show that makes me not want to brush my teeth at night, because Samara might crawl out of the shower and attack me from behind. But it's a fun show. It's usually a nice relief from all the stupid crime shows and reality shows that are ravaging our televisions. The acting is really good, and the stories keep you wanting to come back for more. You can check Medium out on Sunday nights at 10 PM on NBC (the start date is kind of fuzzy as of now, but I'm guessing it will be in the next couple weeks).

Some shows that I enjoy, but don't have time to watch this year are House, Cold Case, and of course, American Idol. Alright, I have to go go go, have a great night!

Jill

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

comment #1

9:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

comment #2

9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home